- To prevent tampering, the SafeDoor 2 has magnets stitched into a pocket which is then welded in place within the hinge, keeping the magnets secure
- Improved fire retardant properties adhere to strict fire prevention guidelines found in mental health facilities, prisons and other high risk settings (Crib 7 fire rating – BS 5852: 2006)
- Our new anti-ligature door has an attractive curved profile that is 9mm thick and weighs just 5kg, making it lighter than our first SafeDoor
- The flexible soft foam door poses minimal risk of injury and greatly reduces the risk of the door being damaged
- The door handle tab is now engineered out, and an ergonomic style design allows easier access and use of the door
- Fabric is reinforced by fibreglass
- The fibreglass material ensures the image is vastly improved, long-lasting and harder to penetrate using everyday items
- Maintains service user privacy and dignity whilst allowing observational checks
- Single or double-sided print available, facilitating the introduction of calming images on a durable, wipe-clean surface
- Water-resistant materials that are ideal for en-suites
- For wide door openings, we provide the option for saloon-style double doors
- Self-closing patented hinge
- Left-hand or right-hand hinge mounted
- Colour/image of your choice - view our image gallery
- Single or double-sided print
- Saloon-style double doors
6 sizes available:
- Size 1: Suitable for door openings measuring 480mm-560mm
- Size 2: Suitable for door openings measuring 560mm-635mm
- Size 3: Suitable for door openings measuring 635mm-710mm
- Size 4: Suitable for door openings measuring 710mm-790mm
- Size 5: Suitable for door openings measuring 790mm-865mm
- Size 6: Suitable for door openings measuring 865mm-940mm
Please get in contact for all saloon-style sizing.
Height is standard at 1470mm, this can be custom.
The magnetic anti-ligature YewdaleKestrel® SafeDoor 2 for en-suites with vandal resistant, soft foam core as manufactured by Yewdale, +44 (0)1268 570900. Manufactured from flame retardant fabric, constructed using anti-pick, tamper-resistant materials, welded and sewn pockets, and incorporating Biosafe antibacterial formula to withstand vigorous daily use in hospital and mental health environments. The 4kg tear/stain-resistant door is anti-static and will fall away from its magnetic fixing plates when subjected to a load greater than 9kg.
View NBS product specification
It is an NHS requirement that items suspended on load-release support systems should be maintained and load-tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions on an annual basis. The YewdaleKestrel® system’s performance remains constant even after repeated use. It is a requirement, however, to carry out a physical inspection and testing of YewdaleKestrel® fittings to identify any possible damage or evidence of tampering and undertake an annual load test. Annual testing should only be carried out by Protects Plus 0345 646 0955.
The minimum width of architrave or surface the magnet plate will be fitted to must be at least 60mm. Sensitive electronic equipment may be damaged by proximity to a magnetic field and should not come within 150mm of the underside of the brackets. Any load-release device, by its nature, may cause damage when operated. Articles suspended from the YewdaleKestrel® magnetic anti-ligature system will come down when pulled.
YewdaleKestrel® products are designed as standalone products only. Care should be taken when assessing or arranging a room to ensure that YewdaleKestrel® products cannot be misused in conjunction with any other item, furniture or fixings in the room. It is the responsibility of the end user or client to ensure the product is suitable for the environment it is being installed in. YewdaleKestrel® products must be fitted by a qualified professional following the manufacturer’s instructions. Failure to do so could jeopardise the product’s effectiveness as an anti-ligature system.