- Designed with safety in mind, the K2500 fixed curtain track prevents service users from removing it and using it inappropriately, making it well-suited for mental health environments.
- Can be face-fixed to a wall or top-fixed within a window recess.
- We can bend the aluminium track to fit within bay windows and ensuite showers and cubicles, providing privacy whilst reducing the risk of ligature and weapons risk.
- The K2500 is supplied with two types of patented anti-ligature gliders as standard: K2504 heavy-weight gliders (grey) and K2501 low-weight gliders (white). The standard installation uses a mixture of the two gliders, achieving a 15kg release weight. When the track is fitted using only the K2504 heavy-duty gliders (grey), it can support a load up to 20kg, whereas using only the K2501 low-weight gliders (white) supports a weight up to 10kg.
- The smooth operation of the anti-ligature gliders ensures ease of use and reduces the chance of the curtain being pulled down due to heavy manual handling.
- The load release gliders stay within the track making the curtain easy to re-install if removed. Alternative systems on the market don't benefit from this, meaning their gliders must be reattached to the track one by one.
- Our design also ensures there is less plastic in the curtain when it is separated from the track, making it safer for high-risk settings.
- Our reduced-ligature curtain track doesn’t provide the service user with any hooks to swallow or use on other tracks. With other tracks, there's a risk that gliders can be swapped to increase the release weight.
- There are no large gaps between the gliders keeping the appearance of the curtain consistent. No large plastic parts can be removed from the curtain or the track.
- The reduced ligature curtain track is easy to install, wipe-clean and requires little maintenance.
- The premium aluminium track comes as standard in white with rounded end brackets. Pin hex anti-tamper security screws are secured into countersunk fixing holes at 150mm intervals to provide a tight fit to the wall or ceiling. Supplied with 16 anti-ligature gliders per meter for a smooth curtain pull.
- Designed and manufactured by Yewdale in our UK factory, which is powered by renewable energy, ensuring a low carbon footprint.
Health Building Note (HBN) 00-10 Part E states that a conventional slotted track should not be used if there is sufficient room to get something, such as a key, into the slot to form a ligature point. The K2500 has a very thin groove which prevents the insertion of common items that service users access and use to create a ligature.
*Load release safety tests were conducted with 3mm wide curtain hooks. Curtains are not supplied.
Top-fix or face-fix options
Top-fix version can be bent to shape
Option 1 – standard – 15kg load release with the alternating grey and white gliders
Option 2 – low weight – 10kg load release with all white gliders
Option 3 – heavy duty – 20kg load release with all grey gliders
Any RAL colour available to order.
The reduced ligature YewdaleKestrel® K2500 safety window curtain track as manufactured by Yewdale, +44 (0)1268 570900. Manufactured from powder-coated white aluminium, installed using tamper-proof screws and comes as standard with anti-ligature plastic curtain gliders (hooks to be sewn into curtains separately by third-party).
View NBS product specification
It is an NHS requirement that items suspended on load-release support systems should be maintained and load-tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions on an annual basis. The YewdaleKestrel® system’s performance remains constant even after repeated use. It is a requirement, however, to carry out a physical inspection and testing of YewdaleKestrel® fittings to identify any possible damage or evidence of tampering and undertake an annual load test. Annual testing should only be carried out by Protects Plus 0345 646 0955.
Sensitive electronic equipment may be damaged by proximity to a magnetic field and should not come within 150mm of the underside of the brackets. Any load-release device, by its nature, may cause damage when operated. Articles suspended from the YewdaleKestrel® magnetic anti-ligature system will come down when pulled.
YewdaleKestrel® products are designed as standalone products only. Care should be taken when assessing or arranging a room to ensure that YewdaleKestrel® products cannot be misused in conjunction with any other item, furniture or fixings in the room. It is the responsibility of the end-user or client to ensure the product is suitable for the environment it is being installed in. YewdaleKestrel® products must be fitted by a qualified professional following the manufacturer’s instructions. Failure to do so could jeopardise the product’s effectiveness as an anti-ligature system.
|Code ||Description ||Min width ||Max Width ||Max Drop ||Max m² |
|K2500 ||Reduced-ligature fixed curtain track for high-risk mental health settings ||100cm ||500cm |